Project Allocation at Wipro TCS Infosys Mindtree and Accenture

Which project were you allocated when you joined TCS/Wipro/Accenture, etc. as a fresher? Did you learn anything new?



Employee Opinions

Employee 1:

I joined Wipro in 2017. I was trained on java, selenium and QTP. Actually I wanted to be a developer unfortunately the batch which I was called for is for testers. Before Wipro has been giving options for choosing your technology but for our batch they didn't provide that option, I don't know currently whether you can choose your technology.

Before completing my training I got a project opportunity for testers and I accepted the opportunity. After few days of the training I started getting knowledge transfer and started working. As you are fresher, your visibility will be less to the customer and you will be a backup resource only.

I was working as a manual tester only, I asked for automation testing. But I didn't get automation testing, since I was fresher they asked me to learn functionality of the application and then my manager said he will offer automation testing. But I was not offered automation testing till 1 year. There was nothing much learning in manual testing. But I was learning development technologies, have done some learning projects and certifications and courses in MERN stack and finally I moved to some other development project where I had a lot of learning opportunities.

Though I didn't have much technical learning in my first project, I have upskilled myself and moved out. Every companies will give opportunities for upskilling you, I used that and I moved to my desired skills. I am still upskilling myself technically.

Whether you get a good project or not, you just keep upskilling yourself technically.


Employee 2:

I joined Mindtree in 2011 and got trained in C# .Net technology.

I am lucky one among them in my batch to get an opportunity to work in an projects related to Kinect .


Employee 3:

When I joined Wipro , I got the training on core Java and selenium . After that I got the support project in application maintenance . There I learnt that as a customer only wants their problem to be solved. But behind that the engineers and many people in a team put their efforts to make sure that the customer problem is solved at the earliest. In another project I learned that behind the smooth working of an application there are a lot of people involved who continuously monitors the work and resolves any issue at the earliest. We should thank all of them for their hard work.


Employee 4:

I started at Accenture as a fresher. I’ll share the kind of work they gave us based on my experience but I’m pretty sure that this varies because companies like TCS, Wipro and Accenture are service based and they handle projects related to multiple technologies and as a fresher they’ll expect you to work on any technology they put you into. So, you might end up in a development, support, testing or any kind of project.

Luckily, I’ve been assigned to a really good project which was related to data migration in which we had to migrate data from Oracle to Cloud (AWS). We also had to transform the data using ETL tools for various reasons. The kind of work that I did was pretty interesting and of course I got to learn a lot of things about the Cloud, Databases etc. Accenture also gives a great deal of importance to learning. They have great learning platforms and they also make sure that their employees’ skill sets are up to date.